Most commonly used shared hosting framework is cPanel. So we will write our guide for it. But things should be similar in Plesk or any other solution.
After you have your main domain or subdomain active, and your site is up and running, you can make each restaurant to have their own domain. Like in our demo.
The main site is https://foodtiger.site/ and there you can find all restaurants. But each restaurant can be also directly open for example: https://malibudiner.foodtiger.site/. This feature is directly enable in your foodtiger site. But you will need to create a wildcard subdomain that uses the same folder as your main site.
1. Log into your cPanel. 2. Navigate to Domains section > Subdomains menu:
Click on Subdomain
3. Create a subdomain *
- Enter * for Subdomain
- Select your domain
- Select ( enter ) the same document root - in this case /public_html
Enter * for Subdomain
4. Go to the Zone Editor menu:
5. Make sure that there is an A record for *.yourdomain.com created and pointed to the server IP address (it could coincide with the IP address of your main domain or ftp.yourdomain.com is pointed to):
6. Now, you will need to wait until the propagation is over (it should take N seconds, where N – is TTL for this A record; you can edit it manually and reduce the number to speed up the process), and then the wildcard subdomain will work correctly.
Each restaurant has automatically their own subdomain now. Open some restaurants on your site. Example:
Each restaurant has automatically their own subdomain now. Open some restaurant in your site. Example:
In this case the subdomain is malibudiner 7. Login as admin in your project and decare in Settings / Setup and select WILDCARD_DOMAIN_READY
Article Instructions copied from
By default the wildcard subdomains are not SSL protected. To do that you can buy or issue wildcard SSL certificate - sometimes they are a bit expensive. You can also use https://letsencrypt.org/ to create your own free wildcard SSL. Plesk by default can enable SSL on wildcard subdomain. You can also use this guide. Our demo site works on Laravel Forge. They also have the options to automatically create wildcard SSL via Digital Ocean NS.
If you want to point other domain to your foodtiger site, or to a single restaurant (ex your client's restaurant domain to be pointed to the page of the restaurant in foodtiger) then your client should forward domain or subdomain to the restaurant subdomain.